Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Can you believe it? Jacob won the Pine Wood Derby again this year! He is THRILLED! He is proudly displaying his winning car, trophy, and ribbon here.

This year's theme was Philadelphia Eagles. By fluke Jacob's car was assigned #5, which is McNabb's number. He knew it was going to be a good day when that happened. He was right.

Many people do not enjoy the Pinewood Derby. Jacob loves it. He has learned so much about tools through the three years of participating in this race. It has been a great experience for him and his dad. Those boys have had a blast hanging out in the garage together. Just ask Jacob, he'll tell you he is a pro on the Dremel! If you ask me that is where he really won, all that time with his dad.

This last picture is him with all three of his cars. (Eagles, Blue Angel, and Starspeeder 3000) Two first place winners and one second place. Not a bad run. Congrats Jacob!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Annette said...

Now last year he said his goal for this year was to come in dead last...

Lisa said...

This kid is hard to beat!!! I think he is the Lance Armstrong of the Pinewood Derby....

sanpinney said...

I hope you don't mind me sending this on your blog, but I can't find your e-mail and I knew I would be REJECTED if I tried facebook! So, I just wanted to be put on the list for your food storage group that is coming up. Thanks!