Friday, June 6, 2008

6 degrees of Kevin Bacon





I lead a pretty un-eventful life. As a result, sometimes, I am totally amused by silly little things. I experienced a "6 degrees to Kevin Bacon" of sorts today. I think it is totally cool. You are free to think whatever you want.

It all starts with my sister's friend. She is a great writer and sometimes I peek in on her blog. I enjoy reading her blog (and analyzing her writing in my lame little way). So, today I linked to her blog through my sister's blog. I was intrigued. A name on her "blogs she visits" caught my eye. I clicked it thinking I knew the person. Wrong! However, listed right before my very eyes was the sister-in-law of a friend from my ward. WEIRD. 3 people to cycle back to my friend. Hello Kevin Bacon! Cool eh?

This kind of stuff happens to Richard all the time, but never to me. We can be vacationing out of town somewhere and he will inevitably run into someone he knows. I NEVER just run into anyone when I am out of town. So humor me, and enjoy this little bit of "it is a small world" with me.
Along those same sort of lines...I seem to find new family members that are blogging quite frequently! I love it! It is so fun to get to see regular updates. Thanks for making comments so we can drop by your blog too.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is pretty cool and I love seeing how people know others. :) Love you sister!

Matt Heninger said...

Nice blog Laurie! Does Rich help you with it at all or is he techno-challenged? How about posting a picture of your entire family, including you and Rich?