Friday, February 5, 2010

Good Day

I had one of those mornings. You know, you wake up...exhausted. My head was pounding (waking up with a headache is never a good thing), my body literally felt pinned to the bed. I could not muster the energy to move. The day felt doomed.

Then I heard it. I could make out two of my kids in the hallway. At first I was worried, then I realized what the noise was. They started to giggle. It grew to the point of full blown belly laughter. I laid there all alone in my room, smiling, just listening to this exuberance of love, joy, and energy. I LOVE that sound. I sprang up, literally saying out loud. "Yeah, it is going to be a good day!"

Isn't it amazing how one small thing can change your attitude and day??

1 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

I love the joy that children can bring into your day! Hope you had a great day!